Our business is to provide Logistics and In-Market Solutions and Integrated Services to our customers.
We strive to provide these services while simultaneously working to generate environmental, social and economic value for all stakeholders.
Our approach to business is guided by our adherence to the principles of Leadership, Inclusivity, Transparency, Integrity, Environmental and Corporate Responsibility, and Continuous Improvement.
Our business faces many challenges and opportunities and, due to their direct impact on us and our stakeholders, we have formulated a Sustainability Policy which we consider to be fundamental to the achievement of our mission to be the very best at what we do.
Currently, our policy addresses the following priorities/key challenges:
- Supply Chain Innovation in order to drive out waste, reduce costs and drive sustainable growth and profitability;
- Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection;
- Employee Welfare;
- Social Responsibility.
Management, Employees and Contractors are supported in, and expected to uphold, our objectives under this policy. To date, we have actioned the following programmes in support of our sustainability goals:
- Education and training of all personnel to embed our code of values and generate behaviours which underpin our reputation as being trustworthy, responsive and putting the customer first;
- Customer engagement at all levels through continuous data and feed-back capture, and review processes to drive innovation, cost-savings and to lock in profitability;
- An independently audited sixteen-step ‘Lean Black Belt Project’ has assisted us in formulating our Sustainable Supply Chain Management Strategy which has demonstrated significant reductions of both carbon emissions and energy costs for both PRL and our customers. Through capital investment in energy monitoring systems for our fleet and warehouses, we have developed a range of services for customers to accurately report on energy usage and carbon emissions. The use of these systems and the deployment of Energy Teams have created a culture of continuous improvement in energy management, driving the identification of areas for improvement and new projects. Current projects include the integration of hybrid vehicles into the fleet, refrigeration, warehouse lighting and the installation of solar renewable energy generation technologies;
- Employee retention and career development through financial support for further education and training; Employee welfare is addressed through the activities of our sports and social club, and health and fitness will be supported through the provision of a gym at our new headquarters by end of 2017;
- Community and social responsibility is addressed through our support of national and regional causes including: Barretstown Children’s Camp; CROSS Rugby Legends cancer research; and Vincent De Paul Christmas Hampers.